STG is looking for an accountant with experience in commercial property management to join our accounting department! The right candidate will be looking for a full-time position in the Petaluma, CA area. Excellent opportunity to build a long term career with great benefits.
• Coordinate with leasing department on lease expirations, enter holdover amendments for expired tenants.
• Review lease entries for accuracy and post opening charges.
• Review leases for applicable CAM provisions and document CAM related provisions in Yardi and Excel.
• Manage retail / percentage rents.
• Calculate CPI rent increases and send rent increase request letters.
• Review move out forms submitted by property management and process move out accounting.
• Prepare CAM Reconciliations, coordinate the entering of adjustments and mailing of backup to tenants.
• Post any special tenant charges or adjustments submitted by property management.
• Generate adjusting journal entries with supporting backup.
• Assist with onboarding new properties (acquisitions).
• Participate in the development, training, and implementation of new accounting policies, controls, and procedures.
• Support in testing and implementing new accounting software functions and features.
• Support AP and AR staff.
• Ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by manager.
Skills & Qualifications
• B.A. with a background in accounting or equivalent education and experience.
• Three to five year’s accounting/real estate experience in commercial property management preferred.
• Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook, 10-key by touch, experience using property management software, Yardi Voyager preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Experience in and works well in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
• Strong Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels internally as well as outside the organization.
• Understand how to read leases and amendments and apply the language within to applicable circumstances.
• Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, committed to customer service.
• Strong work ethic, taking ownership of all aspects of your job.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as supporting a team.
• Flexible, adaptable to changing environments and/or priorities, the willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Competitive Salary
• Vision 100% company funded
• Company funded HSA
• Simple IRA with company match
• 2 weeks’ vacation
• Paid holidays
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter
Position Location / Environment
• 1304 Southpoint Blvd. Petaluma, CA
• Temperature controlled, business casual office environment
STG is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.