Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implements and administers human resources policies, procedures, and practices (e.g., performance management reviews, comp & benefits programs, organizational changes, etc.) in accordance with stated company objectives and federal and state legal requirements
- Manages employee handbook
- Processes Company payroll on a bi-weekly basis using third party payroll service
- Works in conjunction with management on the development and coordination of training programs, personal and career development, performance appraisal process, compensation systems and benefit programs.
- Oversees employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Assists senior management in developing solutions through organizational development (e.g., restructuring, roles and responsibility clarification, competency development, etc.)
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops administration staff
- Works with Management to recruit and hire qualified talent including conducting candidate screenings, reference checks, background checks, interviewing, employment applications and offer letters.
- Conducts on-boarding, new employee packet & benefits enrollment for new employees. Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains book current
- Oversees Benefits Administration and reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts investigations into claims of harassment or other company policy violations
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Prepares and maintains employee files
- Travel between Northbay and Eastbay offices will be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or equivalent.
- Two to Three years related experience or equivalent.
- General knowledge of human resources principles and practices, including employment law.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills, strong customer service orientation, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Employee must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reporting to: President
Position Located at: 1304 Southpoint Blvd. Suite 280 Petaluma, CA 94954