Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities/sites including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry and painting.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets as needed.
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets, repairs door hinges and cleans plugged key slots.
- Maintains emergency equipment and promptly reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action.
- Moves and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites
- Exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the service of a higher skilled/specialized crafts person.
- Assists in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as needed.
- Annotates and updates work logs for specific site requirements
- Responds to alarm calls during and after regular work hours, including weekends.
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Maintains grounds in clean and orderly manner which includes, but is not limited to, setting sprinklers, replacing broken sprinkler heads, and adjusting time clocks and system pressure.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as debris/leaf removal as required.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described above including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, procedures, work orders, preventative maintenance descriptions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to build positive working relationships with clients, employees and vendors.
- Proficiency with computer and data entry.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to remain composed and flexible.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be an effective Team player and leader.
- Knowledge of methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping.
- Knowledge of standard practices and tools used in maintenance and repair of building facilities, safety practices and procedures related to the building trades
- Travel is required and expenses are reimbursed.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented with procedures and paperwork.
- Must possess valid California driver’s license.
- Reliable, punctual, professional, and customer service focused.
- Must possess mobility to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must have the ability to ensure team compliance with all Company and OSHA regulated safety requirements and standards on construction premises.
- Must be able to drive and operate a vehicle.
- Vision: Must be able to read printed materials and documents/email on a computer screen.
- Hearing and speech: Must be able to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to perform heavy manual labor including bending, stooping, and reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.