We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented accounting professional with great customer service to join our team! The right candidate will be looking for a long-term full-time position and be able to commute to our corporate office in Petaluma, CA. The Property Accountant will be responsible for the full AR and AP process for a portfolio of 10-12 properties using Yardi Voyager software.
• Review Invoice coding and process payables using Yardi Payscan.
• Maintain Vendor Contact Info, W-9’s and Insurance Certificates.
• Assist in 1099 process as needed
• Review monthly rents and post monthly charges
• Review late fee reporting and post late fees monthly
• Maintaining any utility charge calculation spreadsheets and billing tenants for utility usage
• Receive and post rent payments coming by check, ACH and Wire transfer.
• Sending monthly rents statements to tenants and answering tenant billing questions.
• Work closely with property managers and assist in collections if needed.
• Assist in the move in and move out process including processing security deposit receipts, forfeits, and refunds.
• Assist in the CAM Reconciliation process.
• Ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by manager.
Skills & Qualifications
• A.A. with a background in accounting or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum two years in high volume AR, AP or bookkeeping role, experience in commercial property management a plus.
• Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook, 10-key by touch, experience using property management software desired, i.e., Yardi Voyager but will train.
• Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Experience in and works well in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
• Strong Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels internally as well as outside the organization.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn lease language and how to apply to applicable circumstances.
• Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, committed to customer service.
• Strong work ethic taking ownership of all aspects of your job.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as supporting a team.
• Flexible, adaptable to changing environments and/or priorities, the willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Competitive Salary
• Vision 100% company funded
• Company funded HSA
• Simple IRA with company match
• 2 weeks’ vacation
• Paid holidays
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
1304 Southpoint Blvd, Petaluma, CA
Temperature controlled, business casual office environment
STG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.