STG Asset Management, Inc. is looking for an experienced Property Management Assistant for its North Bay (Santa Rosa and Petaluma) locations. The successful candidate will be highly motivated; internally driven; professional; extremely organized; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; and approaches his/her work in a pragmatic manner while maintaining responsiveness and providing excellent customer service to clients, tenants, prospects, vendors, and co-workers.
STG offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes Kaiser, dental, vision, SIMPLE IRA with company matching up to 3%, 13 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 2 weeks’ vacation to start. The environment is business casual.
The Property Management Assistant’s responsibilities span the full range of property management functions, including, but not limited to, supporting the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs, assisting with budget preparation and execution, managing the operation, maintenance and repairs of the buildings and grounds, maintaining tenant and vendor relations, and assisting with the administrative functions in accordance with the owner’s goals and objectives and in accordance with the company’s protocol.
Tenant and Vendor relations
- Implementation and adherence to leases
- Regular maintenance contracts
- Provide tenant relations support including initial response to tenant inquiries, service requests, maintains tenant contact/emergency contact information, distribution of tenant correspondence and other assignments as directed by Property Manager
- Build and Maintain strong relationship with venders; assist with preparation and maintenance of standard service contracts, including annual bidding and updating of service contracts
- Assist Property Manager with execution of emergency and evacuation procedures notifying appropriate personnel as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Real Estate practices
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Yardi Software )
- Ability to assimilate new information
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff within the company
- Ability to promote teamwork among employees in order to accomplish goals and to meet the needs of customers
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to remain composed and flexible
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful
- Superior communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented with procedures and paperwork.
- Disaster, emergency response, and crowd-control training a plus
- All position responsibilities are to be conducted or completed:
- In a timely manner
- Within established deadlines
- With the greatest accuracy possible
- In conjunction with company policies
An Associate’s Degree in Business or a similar discipline and a minimum of 2+ years real estate management experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience as in Commercial Property Management preferred.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds
- Employee must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision distance, vision color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
1304 Southpoint Blvd, Petaluma, CA
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
The STG Group is a privately held and funded Commercial Real Estate investment group of companies. Our philosophy is based on asset appreciation which is augmented by pursuing value-oriented investment that focus on enhancing strategies such as property rehabilitation, renovation, lease-up and hands on management.
To help us accomplish our goals, STG maintains satellite offices within all of our primary markets to better serve our client tenant base.
Our diverse portfolio of properties are located throughout the Western United States with a primary base of operation in Northern California. Since opening our doors in 1985, our portfolio has grown to its present level of over 4 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties.
Equal Employment Opportunity
STG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
$50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Simple IRA
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Petaluma, CA 94954: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Property management: 3 years (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)